Wednesday, October 30, 2013

"seller of purple"

Lydia

So, I was Lydia of Thyatira.  I think my costume turned out pretty good, after all my going back and forth trying to figure out how to make it.  Silly me, I was the only leader who dressed up.  I guess some people would say I have too much time on my hands.  Well, I'm glad I did it.  It helped me to overcome my fear of doing stuff outside my comfort zone.  And some of the kids were curious who I was, so that was kinda cool.

And a funny thing happened when I got my sewing machine out.  I realized that I miss sewing.  So, it looks like I better find something to sew very soon.  And I also need to start painting again.  And I also starting rebounding again this week.  I am loving it; getting back in the groove with Theocracy every morning... getting things moving.  It reminds me that it is possible to get back in shape again.

I had my lesson with Craig and Zuke today.  I was nervous about doing it with Craig, but it turned out great.  I learned a couple of things that really helped me have better tone and project a fuller sound, and it actually sounded a bit pretty.  They said I sounded very, very nice doing my song.  They said I will have no trouble singing it in church.  I sure hope they are right because I am terrified.  Zuke was even good enough to volunteer to make me a piano track for practicing since I don't have any other way of doing it.  It's impossible to practice with a youtube!!  The track she made for me sounds awesome!!!


Acts 16:14 Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul. 15 And when she and her household were baptized, she begged us, saying, “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay.” So she persuaded us.

No comments: