Sunday, October 13, 2013

Master Class with Craig!




After church in Rockaway Darryl and I had very cool and exciting time at the Master Class with Craig Deuchar today.  What a super cool guy he is, so funny and so talented!  I'm so glad we went. I think the things I learned today will help me a lot with my singing.  We started out doing a lot of hugging, and then went into some funky vocal exercises on the mats, and with straws, and finding our perfect "buzz" singing position (face/jaw/resonance/neck, etc).  Some of it was the "voice/body/mind connection work from Fitzmaurice Voicework and some of it was from Estill voicework.   I was one of the lucky ones that got to sing, so I received some very good personalized help from Craig.  I'm glad Darryl took a video of it so I can remember all the things Craig said to me.  It was hard to get up and sing in front of a bunch of really good singers.  But it was nice having Zuke there.  She told me she was proud of me, and that really made my day!

So, on Wednesday I have a lesson with Zuke because Craig is going to NYC.  But my next lesson after that will be with him.  I'm glad I have a couple of weeks to practice before I sing for him again.  I want to show him some major improvements!

It was a good day.

No comments: