Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Gone, like yesterday

So, it's 2013. I was going to make the traditional post last night "last post of 2012" but I figured what's the point? lol So instead, I'm making my "first post of 2013". But just to reflect a little I wanted to talk about a few of my favorite memories from last year.

 1. Our trip to NY for Ryan's music seminar: I love New York. By far the most fun I had all year.  Kyle and I had a grand time just wandering around seeing different things and just experiencing the whole NYC atmosphere.  Ryan got to do a cool seminar.  And we got to spend a few nights right in the middle of East Village.  It was so cool to look out our window at any hour of the night and see lots of people down on the street.

 2. Ryan's concert: (Heavenly) Ethnicity in Concert. Even though on one hand it was one of my most disappointing nights because I wanted more people to show up. But looking back, it was a great experience for our entire family, including all the prep, and the making of the music video in West Virginia, and the visit to the huge salvage yard in WV looking for things to use for musical instruments.

 3. Meeting my grandson, Ethan: Ethan's party What a sweetheart little boy. Can't wait until he actually knows who I am and wants to spend time with me.  I would love to know what it feels like to be a real grandma.

 4. Taking a quick trip to Plymouth with Darryl to see the Monument to the Forefathers:  the Monumental foundation of America.  We had such a great time there for a few days.  Spontaneity at it's best!

 5. Singing on stage with Ryan and Kyle on Sunday: Giving it all to Him! This was such a blast for me, even though I nearly melted to the floor with nervousness. But the point is, I did it anyway and I didn't fall apart. God got me through, and I did something I have always dreamed of doing. This was definitely a high point of my life and I will always be able to look back on it to give me courage to do things that I have never done before. Being up in front of people is something I have never done, but I feel challenged to try it again sometime. God is so good.

Here is a picture of the haircut I gave to Ryan the other day....
I cut Kyle's hair too, but didn't get a picture yet.  He wasn't sure if he wanted it shorter or not...so I was waiting to find out.

I'm planning on making a couple more ties for the guys, and I'm also going to make Ryan a vest for his birthday.  Oh, it's ok, he knows about it.  He had to pick the fabric for it.

Resolutions?  Oh, I don't know.  I guess the same stuff as usual.  Try to take care of myself better.  Try to be a better person.  Try to live for Jesus better.  Try to share my faith better.  Try to be more loving.  Try to trust Him more.  Seriously, the new year is a just a reminder that time is passing faster than we want to admit, and we better  get better at life because we never know how long we have.  People come and go in our lives.  Will we make a difference?  Will they be better off for having known us?  Will they even remember us when we're Gone?


No comments: