Thursday, January 31, 2013

pressing on toward the goal

Last night I did the Bible lesson at CBC. I was pretty nervous but I was determined to prove that I could stand up in front of people (kids are people) and talk without falling apart. I think I was pretty successful. I really want to be good at it!  Like most things in life, the journey and the practice can be painful and embarrassing... but the end result is well worth it if we don't cave in and give up the first time we make a fool of ourselves; or the second, third, and fourth times...

Last night and this morning were so windy that these two trees snapped. Pretty cool huh? Glad they were in the woods and not near our house. Also glad our deck furniture is tied down!
2 broken trees
I went to Michael's craft store today to look for something, and ended up buying some things (on clearance) to make jewelry out of.  I also did some painting... sorry but no pictures of that yet (if ever!).   There is something quite disturbing about looking at an unfinished painting.  No one can tell what it is supposed to look like when it's done, not even me.  I will be surprised to see what emerges.
new earrings...lol
 Oh yeah, I started physical therapy today.  I really didn't want to go, but now I'm glad I did.  The person working on me said the ligaments in my lower back are basically gone, whatever that means.  So, I've been overcompensating for it by using my muscles, which are now weakened.  I really don't get it, but anyway, at least she said it won't take too long to be good as new again so I can work out and lose some of the weight I put back on!! gross....  She also said there is a gap in my spine and that is why I am having pain right on my spine.  It will be so good to not be in pain anymore.  Even better to get my new body.  This one has been good to me over the years, but it is slowly rebelling against all that I put it through (housework!).  haha...

Oh by the way, Ryan received his colorful vest today.  His first comment to me was, "Hah this thing is so crazy!"  

Philippians 3:20-21 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

No comments: