Friday, February 1, 2013

poppy painting

I finished my first painting today (I was unable to avoid a reflection from the closet doors behind me). I know it's not that great, but I had a blast doing it. I figure if I keep doing it, I'll get better. It's been so dang many years since I picked up a paint brush... I shouldn't expect too much from myself. And besides, it's great fun, so I don't want to drive myself crazy trying to make everything perfect. I always wanted to paint a poppy for the family room and so I did it and now I'm happy. My next project... hahaha.. I will keep you in suspense until I'm done.

Poppy Painting

Know what I love about painting besides the actual painting? I get to sing while I do it! So, I am doing 2 happy things at the same time. I can't wait to get really good at both!

Family Room


 ‘I will build myself a roomy house
With spacious upper rooms,
And cut out its windows,
Paneling it with cedar and painting it bright red.’ 
~Jeremiah 22:14

No comments: