Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Naomi cleans house

I taught children's church on Sunday. Well, let me rephrase that. I attempted to teach, but it was pretty much nuts. I actually had fun playing Naomi (Ruth's mother-in-law) from the Bible. It was also a really sad role to play. When I was going over the account of Naomi's life I almost cried thinking about how she lost her husband and both sons. While I was reading it I was thinking how devastating that would be. I think the kids totally got into the whole Naomi and Ruth story, but after I took my costume off, and ran out of material, and had too many kids I lost control of the whole situation. It was pretty annoying and stressful!
Naomi
lots of turkeys!
There were so many turkeys in our backyard the other day!! This picture doesn't show all of them. It was so cool. When I opened the back door to take a picture they all flew away into the woods.  I'll bet you didn't know turkeys could move so fast into the air.

Today I purchased my 3rd vacuum cleaner in a month.  I just keep buying them and taking them back.  Darryl says I have a vacuum cleaner fetish.  I think my problem is, I just can't find one that I really like.

Well, I finished my last painting project! I will post a picture of it soon!  Must decide what my next project will be.  Sewing? Painting?  Jewelry?  lol!  I have lots of interests.  And in between all those things, I like to cook and sing.  (well, I really like to eat my cooking!!)  Today I made 3 dinners: 1 for tonight, 1 for tomorrow, and 1 for someone else.

Physical therapy was going super good until I tried out one too many vacuums.  So, today I was in pain again.  Tomorrow my PT will have to undo some damage I did trying to keep my house clean.

Naomi needs to take it easy.

Today Ryan left for Florida for a special Chorale opportunity.  He will be joining a group down there to perform for the week at the Association for Biblical Higher Education.  Such a cool thing!!

No comments: