Monday, February 18, 2013

my life is a river

Saw these pretty deer Saturday morning. They looked so peaceful. But just wait till I have my garden going and I see this critters, we'll be out there chasing them away! haha... It is nice to live in an area where we see so much wild life. We won't be here forever; we'll have to move at some point when the kids get settled. And when we are older we won't want to have to take care of this big house and this property. At some point we will get something smaller, more manageable, with less property, and fewer creatures roaming through. I will miss these days.


It's funny, I so often think of "seasons", like the seasons of our lives.  When we are going through them we don't even give it a second thought that this isn't forever.  We just think "here we are and this is how life is, and it'll always be this way."  Maybe we don't think of it exactly that way.  But how often do we actually acknowledge that where we are and what we are doing is only a short little span of time, a short little piece of our lives?  Living here, going to church, doing the things I do now, they are all only for a short season of my life.  Just like it was when my boys were home.  All of these things, these seasons, they don't last.  Life is like a river, some stretches of the river are long, without much change.  Some places are calm and peaceful.  Some places are rough and turbulent.  Some places are wild and crazy, with twists and turns.  Some places make you feel like you are going to drown.  And other places are so quiet and relaxing.  I could go on, but you get the picture.  Life, like a river, just keeps flowing... going on till it reaches the end.  It takes many turns and paths, but eventually it just ends.  Where did we go?  What did we do?  Who did we love?  How did we change lives?  Did we make a difference?  Did we show the love of Christ?

I hope that if my life has crossed with yours that I have helped you or loved you in some way.  I hope you can see Jesus living in me.  And I hope that I never take you for granted, because we are all only here for a short while.  Relationships sometimes are so fleeting.  Makes me sad to look back and think of people who are no longer in my life.  It makes me sad now to think of people who won't be in my life when my next season starts.  This is what happens when the river flows.  Life can't stand still.

Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lambdown the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.
Revelation 22:1-3

What is at the end of your river?

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.  He is your Life Saver.   

No comments: