Thursday, June 21, 2012

I love New York!

Except for the prices!!!  Everything was ridiculous.

But we had a fabulous time in New York this week. Went out there for the New Music Seminar. Got back yesterday and I'm still recuperating from all the walking Kyle and I did. Here are many (but not all) of the pictures I took.  This is Webster Hall, the largest nightclub in New York.  It's an enormous building.  We got to see a lot of it, but not all.  There is a grand ball room upstairs where there was a crazy show going on one night.  I would post the video from it, but it might be too frightful....

Ryan got to meet tons of people in the industry, and some that he has already worked with or has their products.  Interested to see how the Lord uses this adventure in his future.
St. Mark's Hotel is a historic landmark, and it's also where we stayed.  You couldn't beat the location!  We were able to walk everywhere we needed to go. It was really a blast!
Here's my room. I didn't take a picture of the boys bedroom, but it was slightly larger.
My little bathroom.  hehe  The boys had their own as well.
Here we go....
There was no elevator, but lots of steps to our room.  Reminded me of Ocean Grove.
A cube that we walked by a lot.  It was right by the Starbuck's we hung out at to use their internet.
Some of the light poles were decorated with nice tile work.  It was very creative.
One of the music sessions....we stayed the first night and listened in to some of it.
Now here's a guy that just looked like he had to be somebody famous because everyone was lined up taking his picture.  So I took one too!
One of the crazy Vintage stores we went in.  Their prices were outrageous...didn't buy anything.
A really cool mural.  We saw several.
Trying on some funky glasses.  Did not buy them.
People love to personalize their vans... hehe
This is a view out my window looking down at the street. Ryan and Kyle are standing there at the cross walk on their way back to our room.  Can't really tell I guess because I took it through the screen.
Exhausted from walking, Kyle is sprawled across my bed.  Ryan is on the phone with Darryl.
My first time trying Black Chocolate.  Kyle had White.  It was GOOD!
He climbed up the side of a building!
Several of the poles had these hand cuff things on them... it looked very cool!! But the next day some people with a bucket truck came and cut them all off.
Another cool mural.
This was a very creepy store!!!
I hate clowns!!
Sitting on a brain?  haha
Kyle's red Tardis....
ewwww
One of many parks...one of them had free wifi.
Lots of these sculptures around town.
Lots and lots of amazing parks for the children.  My kids never had it so good!! Growing up in NY looks wonderful.
Out door farmers market.  I don't have one around me in the Garden State!
Cool building...
Restaurant we liked!
hehe... yeah
This is the High Line, a very long and definitely cool walkway built over the city on the old railroad tracks.  A lot going on up there.  Food, music, artists, people have lunch, exercising... very cool indeed to be up over the road.


These folks are looking down at the street below.  There is a plexy-glass window.
A view of the Hudson River from the High Line.
He seems a bit angry, huh?
A nice make shift 911 memorial made from painted tiles.

A street preacher...."I can't get no....satisfaction"
Kyle is setting up his camera to record another Rethinkyoyo tutorial.
Here we go, another day of walking the city.
We loved Chelsea Market.  That is the home of Food Network.  We got to see the places where the TV celebs do their shopping.
A big fountain into a big hole...
Kyle entertaining the bathroom line.
Getting a chocolate crepe.
which we split

Inside the market.

Outside the market.
cool buildings
Rapunzels' tower.
Behind a church.

Something being filmed in John's Restaurant where we were going for dinner but couldn't get in.



cool tile work
paintings inside our hotel
From the bus ride heading back to Wayne.

No comments: