Thursday, June 7, 2012

thumbs up for black bean brownies!

Today was another great day with my boys.  We booked a trip to New York City to take Ryan to a New Music Seminar.  It's being held at the Webster Hall, which is the largest nightclub in NYC!  I find that hilarious.  While Ryan is at the seminar for 3 days, Kyle and I are going to have ourselves a grand New York adventure, like we did in Nashville.  We booked a room at the St. Mark's Hotel and we are going to take a bus to get there.  hehe... Really psyched!

I'll let you guess what this is...clue: we saw it on our walk...
Here we go for a walk... we do our walks or running or bike ride every day.  Sometimes twice a day.  Really loving the outdoor exercise!
Here we have chick peas with a little olive oil spray and salt and cayenne.  I baked them for a healthy crunchy snack.

Today I made Kathie's enchiladas.  The family loved them!!  (forgot to take pic).  I also made some nice quick granola for munching.

I am trying to learn to like black beans so I've been eating a lot of them.  Always interested in finding new ways to eat foods that are good for me.  So, this is my favorite thing of the day.  This is a pan of black bean brownies.  I read so many comments online from people who made them and hated them. Well, I found a great recipe that I tweaked and I really love these brownies.  I ate 3 of them with no guilt at all.  (I only used 2 eggs, I reduced the amount of oil and switched it for applesauce, I added a few figs, I added a little flax seed meal, and some agave nectar.  I put everything in my Ninja until it made a nice smooth batter.  And just to be sure, I sprinkled some chocolate chips on top.)  These are very yummy!!! So glad I made them.  They have a delightful texture as well.  I think I will cut them up and freeze them so I can pull one out at a time for snacking.


No comments: