Tuesday, June 26, 2012

FUN....West Virginia style

We had such a fun day today! Went to some thrift stores and got a bunch of stuff. Went to Allburghers for lunch. Then we had quite an adventure at Jerry's Salvage yard looking for some metal objects for percussion. It was pretty comical actually. We had no idea what to expect when we got there, but the place was enormous. The owner (we assume it was Jerry, anyway) told us to go walk around and see if we found anything. So, there we were are tripping over all this metal entangled heaps of stuff wearing flip-flops (all but Ryan). In the mean time the guy in the claw truck starts picking up this van right while we were standing there in close proximity. It got pretty scary when the van was practically over our heads.  In the 2nd video he was trying to land it on top of a pile of other cars. I was trying to back up away from it but I was tripping over all the metal. hehe... fun and scary. Nice memory, and the boys found a few cool things. I might get a nice stainless frying pan out of the deal!




After dinner we went for our usual 1 1/2 mile walk/run and Ryan jumped up on this rock.
We enjoy the evenings outside by the fire.  Kyle super-enjoyed the toasted marshmallows.  Kyle: "Sometimes all I want is a marshmallow."  hehe yup.

Here are 2 videos I took. Oh yeah, when we were leaving one of the guys was like, "I just have to ask you, WHAT WERE YOU DOING OUT THERE?" We must have looked pretty funny, tripping around, and me taking videos and pictures while this heavy equipment is operating right by us. I think the crew got such a big kick out of it that they let us take all the stuff for free. I don't know for sure if that's why, but maybe.

part 1

part 2


The boys have been busy late at night working outside on a music video for Ryan.  I can't wait to see it!!

It's great to see my Dad so healthy!! We are enjoying our time here with my parents.

No comments: