Sunday, May 13, 2012

my Mother's Day ood

See the resemblance?  I was making soup and salad for lunch today, and cutting up some of our white radishes, and suddenly I was inspired by the Ood on Dr. Who.  It really made me laugh so I had to post it for the boys.

 
So, it's Mother's Day. It is always nice to be reminded that my decision to stay home and raise my kids is the best thing I ever did, and the most important job I'll ever have. I'm so thankful to God that I was able to do it, and thankful that my husband supported my decision and encouraged me when I felt inadequate. I can vividly remember many days when I felt I had made a mistake keeping my kids home from normal school and trying to teach them myself, but I don't regret it for 1 second. I know that raising my boys, training them up in the Lord, and teaching them was my job, not the government's. I wasn't smart enough to teach them, but God in His goodness, covered my back and picked up my slack. He truly is the God who was strong in my weakness.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”

No comments: