Thursday, May 3, 2012

my imaginary kitchen

I was having such a hard time imagining the layout of the new kitchen that I just had to take matters into my own hands. So I removed the kitchen table and started putting tape on the floor to see where things would go. I put imaginary cabinets on the floor with play mats. Then I made a counter top for the bar stools out of cardboard. I think it's kinda cool. Now at least I can "see" how things would start to look with Craig's plan. It makes me want to take down another wall and remove a closet. So many decisions to make. It's going to be difficult to live with the house this way till fall.

The white paper on the counter top indicates a floor where we are taking the cabinets out.
Blue tape shows me where Craig is going to build cabinets and island.
Play mats show where the new cabinets will go.
These are our granite and cabinets samples that we are trying to choose from.
Blue tape shows uppers and windows.  Definitely need to add a window to Craig's plan b/c the 2 little windows he's giving us won't be enough after he removes our nice large windows.  So many things to consider.

No comments: