Friday, January 14, 2011

SURPRISE!

Today Darryl wanted to surprise me by putting up the lights we bought for my bathroom. I WAS surprised considering there is still a huge hole in our kitchen ceiling! Unfortunately the idiots who did the original wiring in the house made such a mess of things that the lights we bought couldn’t be wired in, so we had to take them back to get different ones. Even though this wasn’t my first choice for a lighting fixture, at least it is done (aside from some spackle work) and now he can concentrate on the kitchen!

Thank you, Darryl! You are the best! Just think, all you got left now is the kitchen, the small bathroom downstairs, the 2 mirrors, your bathroom, and the fan in the living room to install. That’s it, right? And then I can start redecorating our bedroom. Hehe

I despise this time of year. So much to do! Gotta file a year’s worth of bills/receipts and stuff. Gotta go through all our financial junk to get figures for tax return. Gotta put stuff away in some organized fashion as to not lose the one stinking receipt that we always seem to need but can never find, and it’s always the most expensive purchase of the year. Why is that?

My wonderful son, Ryan just made the Dean’s List with High Honors at Grace Bible College. That’s so awesome! I knew he had something like a 3.8 grade point average but then when we got the letter in the mail today that he made the Dean’s List I was so excited. That’s just so astounding!

My other wonderful son, Kyle, and I tried setting up a “studio” of sorts in our dining room for him to do his Nokia N8 competition video in. It’s not too bad where we have it but it’s not the greatest either. Maybe we can still make it better! We have less than 2 weeks left to get something super terrific back to Nokia.

Friendship....how do we tell the difference between a true friend and a friendly acquaintance? Something to think about.

No comments: