Sunday, May 9, 2010

precious moments


The greatest, most difficult, and most rewarding job that God gave me, and the one that I want to do my best at: being a mother. All my other jobs are secondary to that.

Nothing delights the heart more than raising a child to love and serve the Lord.

Nothing hurts more than failure.

No prayer is as fervent as the one prayed for a son or daughter.

No miracle compares to that of creating a new life.

Nothing is more overwhelming than being responsible for that life, and standing before God to give an account of what we did with that life. How much value did we place on it? How much time were we willing to invest?

God, forgive me for all the times I didn’t make my kids a priority. Forgive me for all the things I didn’t do for them because I didn’t know I was supposed to. Forgive me for bad attitudes, short tempers, and impatience. I thank You, Father, that you have already forgiven me for all my failures; past, present and future. Thank You for blessing me with the gift of children. It is my prayer that they would all be with You in eternity.

Now I understand a little bit of why You love me so.






No comments: