Saturday, May 1, 2010

gimme some of that good ole southern hospitality…

Today Ryan and Kyle and I went to meet and visit several of our neighbors. It was nice; they were nice, and all very friendly. Surprisingly, nobody blew us off. There was only one family that wasn’t home. Or maybe they saw us and decided not to answer the door. We left them cookies, but now I’m wondering if an animal might get them. I guess I didn’t plan that out so well. But everyone else was happy to get them, especially the man who asked if we were selling them.

We did get to visit with the lady we met yesterday. We went in her living room and she pulled out pictures of all her family and proceeded to tell us where all of them live and what their birthdays are. She wrote them down for me. She is from Honduras, and I think that in their culture all of the family lives together in one house. So, I’m thinking maybe she is missing her daughter(s) and other family members.

One of the families we visited doesn’t go to church at all. One of them is a combination of Presbyterian (wife) and Catholic (husband)… hmm. The others I don’t know. Well, I think today was very successful. I didn’t say anything terribly stupid, except when I mentioned that Kyle wanted to be a yoyo Master. hehe….sorry Kyle. I’ll never say it again.

Our thermometer on the deck went up to 98 degrees. I didn’t go out there today. Stayed in and rode my recumbent bike in our oppressively hot bedroom and watched a movie on Netflix on the HUGE TV that takes up the whole corner of the room.

Tomorrow Kyle and I are doing Children’s Church, and we are both nervous about it after our last major failure.

No comments: