Saturday, April 24, 2010

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

Well, not exactly.

rosemary and dill
parsley and chives
sweet basil

too busy to plant anything for Earth Day so we did it today. I did some herbs in pots, but couldn’t find all the ones I wanted, so I’ll have to make another trip for those.
I ended up only getting tomatoes and cayenne peppers for my garden, since those are my favorite things. Last year we didn’t get squat out of our plants b/c of 2 months of continuous rain in the beginning of the season. When you live in wetlands, everything gets rotten and yucky (but we must protect our precious insects). So, we’re hopeful about getting something good this year. Oh, I got those really cool stepping stones and I love them! They are made out of recycled grocery bags, and the best part is they are light enough to pick up and move around, unlike the huge slates I put in there last year. Nearly killed myself lugging them in there. Now they are gone! yay!
What do you think this is? haha... well, I was so sure it was an owl in our woods. Kyle got his camera and took a picture of it. Guess it was just a tree stump. Oh well, excitement comes and goes.

No comments: