Thursday, November 19, 2015

my birthday Desert Song



This is a good song.  I sang it and played guitar, and then for my birthday Ryan did some mixing in with different instruments and cool sounds.  It was such a nice gift!  Thank you Ryan.  I will hire you to do my first CD.  haha  :D

This song speaks to me of God's faithfulness, to get us through the deserts of our lives - those spells where we feel like we are waiting, thirsty, hungry, and alone.

Almost a year ago, I posted about living on a shelf... different analogy, but holding the same meaning.  It's a time of being alone, and on your own...sometimes feeling like you are starving for something that you just can't have.  It's so lonely and it hurts, and in a lot of ways it tends to shatter us on the inside.  It's a feeling of being forgotten, or ignored, or rejected.   It's not a comfortable place to live.

But it's also a time when all you have is God, and He's doing all kinds of stuff to you.  He's making you find comfort in Him alone.  He's making you trust in Him alone.  He's making you fall before Him in humility because you have nothing to stand on.  He's making you work hard, because nothing is free or easy.  He's refining you.

I love the lyrics to this song...it suits me well.
God is faithful, and I do have a reason to sing.

Desert Song

This is my prayer in the desert
When all that’s within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flame

And I will bring praise, I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice, I will declare
God is my victory and He is here  

This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

All of my life, In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow

No comments: