Monday, March 30, 2015

He's Got Me Covered

(edit:  I sang melody and harmony, played guitar, and did all the instruments myself.  I mention that because someone thought Ryan did the harmony.) 

He's got me covered, even when I feel like crap and don't want to sing.
Even when I want to run away and never come back.
Even when my mind is filled with bad thoughts that I do not regret.

This is a song I wrote, and actually finished in Michigan last year.  Ryan and I had done a super quick recording of it right before we came back to NJ, but we were definitely rushed and a bit frazzled that morning.  I had never tried recording it by myself because there are some tricky chords in it that I couldn't play without tripping over my fingers. But I've been practicing A LOT, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

And, it's not like anybody really cares what I write or sing or play anyway, so I'll do as I please.  And as with all my audios, it sounds better with headphones or ear buds.

No comments: