Monday, March 16, 2015

Mama's Cafe Baci

I did it!!  I went to open mic all by myself.  I'm trying to learn to be independent.  I can't sit around and wait for someone to hold my hand or give me opportunities.  


It certainly was an interesting night.  When I got out of my car, the first thing I noticed was the live music streaming out into the parking lot.  I thought, "that will be my voice soon..."  Mama's Cafe Baci is a really nice Italian restaurant.  Next time I will go early and get dinner there.  It smelled so good!  

So, I met George (the man who runs the show) and his wife Lenore (sp).  They are both super nice.   I was only prepared to do 3 songs, so that is all I brought with me, but George told me to bring at least 4 or 5 next time.   

I messed up several things, but hey, that's life.  Like Zuke says, you have to forgive yourself on the spot and keep going.  Such a great lesson.   So, even though it wasn't a "10" performance, I gave myself an A+ for meeting the challenge!  I went, I sang, I played, I survived, and I got experience.  I'd call that a successful endeavor.  I will definitely go back next Monday if I can find 5 songs that are appropriate for this venue.  My songs had Christian lyrics, but not the in your face kind... I hope I can find songs to do!

I plan on hitting another open mic on Thursday, so I really need to get a collection of songs!!


No comments: