Friday, March 27, 2015

my new studio . yay!


view from upstairs

So I got inspired today and reorganized my studio space...and it is GRAND!  I love it so much.  I moved the keyboard, the mixer, and the cool mic to my desk....I even removed the arms from my chair because I kept hitting my guitar on them....

My current goal is to record all of the songs I wrote, and then continue working on my 5th song, which has been sitting on the proverbial back burner for months.   I think by the time I finish it I'll be living in Michigan, and be a part of Ryan's worship team.  Hooray for that!  I can't imagine how nice it will be to actually be able to work with, and be supported by other musicians!  Right now, I'm basically living an isolated existence with no one to talk to, and no one to help or encourage me.  It's hard to grow and improve when you are completely alone.  I feel that every time there is a missed opportunity it eats away at my confidence...which by now is at an all time low.  Any musician worth their weight will tell you you can't sing well without confidence!  I need, as we all do, to surround myself with friends who will build up, and not tear down.   Friends who will not only take an interest in my life, but will also take me seriously as a musician, and give me some pointers on guitar, or encourage me vocally.  So Michigan sounds great right now!

I am now almost done recording one of my songs, which I will post here as soon as it is finished!  Cheers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks nice!

Renee said...

Hi Linda,

I am just now catching up on your blog and kicking myself! I had no idea you were so devoted to music. It's wonderful. I love your studio space. Very nice. I wish I had a space like that. Again, I hope it's not too late to offer my friendship because us musician gals need to stick together! Rock on with Him!

With love,
Renee