Sunday, January 5, 2014

Describing God's Indescribable Grace

One Thing Remains

Sing We Noel


Your Grace Still Amazes Me


We had some of the students from GBC stay with us Saturday night after their performance/presentation "Describing God's Indescribable Grace" at Grace Bible Class Church in Passaic.  We so much enjoyed having them stay with us.  What a great bunch of good kids!

Kyle and Hilary and I went to the Christmas Party at Preakness, and that was fun.  A couple of people who are, or who have been regular singers were very complimentary about the worship last Sunday and told me I did a really good job!  Maybe because I am so new at this, having only sung 4 times in my life, it means a great deal to me to hear those positive words about my singing.  Especially since the last time I sang I got such terrible feedback.  I don't know how anyone could have the courage or confidence to try again if they only hear negative comments and nothing encouraging.

The wonderful thing about singing last week was that I knew there were people there who loved me and supported me, and they were cheering me on.  It is so much easier to do a good job when you know people have faith in you, and in your abilities.  It is very hard to sing or do anything when people don't wish the best for you and continually doubt you.

It is time for me to look forward to my next venture.  I'm not sure what it will be yet, but it will be fun and exciting, and it definitely will NOT involve any naysayers!   I am too old to defend myself against people who don't want to me to sing.

Sadly, I had to say goodbye to Ryan today after church.  The Quartet headed to Eastport Bible Church to continue their tour.  It was hard to say goodbye.  It was hard to not cry during the service this morning thinking about the fact that it would be the last I'd see Ryan until summer.  I am so thankful that Ryan and Kyle sang and played with me last week.  I am so proud of both of them, and so honored to be their mom, and so grateful to have been on the stage with them, and sing praises to our God.  I am so relieved that the entire time we were leading worship it was good and successful and really quite wonderful, aside from some technical problems.  I'm glad we had the opportunity to do this one time during Christmas break before he left today, and I'm glad it was appreciated.  I am going to miss him again.  In less than a week, Kyle and Hilary are leaving.  That won't be a good day.
 Hilary, Adam, David
Ryan, Kyle, Jonah
 David, Jonah, Ryan and Tyler
 The whole GBC gang...

 Pastor Gary loves Ryan...

I love you, Ryan... see you in the summer for some more fun singing!!  Thank you for having faith in me!

No comments: