Sunday, January 26, 2014

deer diary



Oh deer, oh deer, oh deer.

What a horrible morning...done in by a 6 year old.  I will take that as my cue to step away from teaching.  I am too old and old fashioned in my childrearing ways to be put in that position again.  It was pure disaster.  A few glasses of wine later I was blissfully passed out on the couch.  I wish I could go back in time and not gone to church today.  I didn't do anyone any good by being there today.  In my imagined do-over we get 2 feet of snow and I have to stay home.

Yeah, keep dreaming.

Bill Bachmann died....Uncle Moses died.  They are happy now, rejoicing in heaven.   I'm reminded of a line from I  Surrender All, "Take me Jesus, take me now."  I wonder how many people actually sing those words and mean it.

Tomorrow is another day to start over trying to get things right.

No comments: