Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Bird-day to me

Window feeder
My birthday is this month so I went to Walmart and bought myself some bird feeders.  It's fun watching the feeding frenzy out my front window.  There are so many different kinds of birds out there.  They seem happy.  Maybe they enjoy my singing.

Do you ever find that you worked so hard to get some place in life and then you wonder why you are even there?  Or do you ever have a dream or a goal in life that you realize just isn't going to happen?  What happens when you wake up one day and realize your life isn't what you thought it was?  What do you do?  Do you panic, throw up your arms, and quit?  Or do you just stay put and let God sort it out?   I know this much: I'm tired.  I'm tired of being invisible, tired of not belonging, tired of not having any close friends.   Somewhere out there there must be a place where I can have real community.  Where people really care about me, appreciate me, want to be with me, be my friend.  I don't know where that is, but someday I hope God finds it for me.

I'm looking forward to getting away soon.  I think I need to get away for a long time.  Maybe try to figure out what to do with my life.

No comments: