Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Change Is Gonna Come


I got some very nice surprises in the mail from my wonderful sons this week.   Kyle got me a little necklace with a wishbone on it, and Ryan sent the flowers (I think there is something else coming too).  Darryl got me some jewelry and took me out to eat at Mattar's Bistro.  I actually very much enjoyed my dinner because it was something I don't know how to make at home and would probably never try.  I had lobster ravioli.  It wasn't cheap, but it was good!  It's ok to splurge once in a while, and what better time than a birthday?  We even went out for ice cream afterward... HUGE splurge!


Today I took the day off from practicing my song.  I think I am getting way too overwhelmed and frazzled trying to sing it perfectly.  I'm never going to be perfect and I have to be ok with that.  If I get up the nerve to get up on that stage again, I just pray that it is GOOD! (please God?)

I think if I was just singing along with Ryan doing a set (like we did the first time) I wouldn't be that nervous... but doing a solo?  What was I thinking?  Well, I did do that one solo in June and that went very well.  I'm really glad Zuke will be there in church that day!  I hope that in the next month I'm not such a complete basket case!  I really hope that between now and then I can gain some MUCH needed confidence because I'm at an all time low.  I really have to question why I wanted to do this so much.

Oh, in other news, a move to Michigan might be in our future after the boys graduate from GBC.  The one state that I told God I would never move to - good old Michigan.  Yup, very funny. This is the same sense of humor God had when He had me homeschool my boys from kindergarten to college... ME, a highschool drop out.  So I guess now He is preparing me for more changes.  Darryl is finally leaving the government next May.  I'm wondering what that will look like.  It might be a chance for us to take trips... we could go to India or Malaysia or Dubai... lol yeah right.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: