Sunday, November 10, 2013

first sewing project

OK, so here is the purpley shirt I made this week.  It was a little too big, but oh well.  At least I don't think anyone looked at me and thought, "Good gracious... what is that hideous thing Linda is wearing?"  haha... I even got one compliment on it.  Cool, huh?

So, I was sitting in church today and I was thinking about singing my song there.  I was imagining being up on the stage and trying to open my mouth to let out a sound.  It really freaked me out.  I hope that Zuke can show me how to be calm because right now I'm too traumatized from the last time to even get up there and try again.  I have little over a month to get ready.  I wonder what Zuke is going to say to me to get me prepped.   She told me she is not nervous for me at all.  I need some of that confidence!!  I guess what I really need is people who support me...but that is another whole story.

I need to remember, it's not for me.  It's for them.  It's not about me.  It's about Christ coming to earth as a baby.  It's not about my talent.  It's about telling the story of heaven's love reaching down to save the world.

For unto us a Child is born, 
Unto us a Son is given; 
And the government will be upon His shoulder. 
And His name will be called Wonderful, 
Counselor, Mighty God, 
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 
Isaiah 9:6

No comments: