Friday, December 28, 2012

The Unlovely One

And here's the latest song that Ryan finished. This is what he said about it's making:
"I was asked to write a song about hope and a reason to live... And as I thought about it, my mind turned to stories from people I've known - some close to me, some not; some even from my same school. With all the addictions, depression, cutting, and suicidal thoughts so prevalent in this world - thinking you're not beautiful, thinking no one loves you - I wanted to write this song not to dismiss those thoughts as trivial and overly dramatic but to acknowledge them as real and powerful and to offer a look at a hope in the midst of all that pain. Whatever you think, I have found a hope in my very best friend, Jesus Christ, who has saved me from all kinds of crud. And I want you to know that He is ever so willing to kneel by your side, take your hand, and weep with you, too... You'll never be alone in this world again."
Praise God for His grace.

No comments: