Tuesday, December 4, 2012

another year sucked up by time

Ryan's band (Heavenly Ethnicity) did a concert last month, and I guess I forgot to write about it....what a bad mom! Here is one picture of the handsome group. I will say that the concert was probably great, at least from the feedback I got from folks who went, but unfortunately Darryl and I didn't get to actually hear it. There was a problem with the live feed.  I'm still so proud of them for doing it.  I know they all had a fun time doing it.  Next thing will be doing a concert at Grace.
Hilary and Kyle...happy, smiling.  Nice.  I will get to see Hilary and her friend Hannah soon. Kyle is bringing them home for the spring break, along with another friend (Travis).  It's going to be quite a week!  We will have to work out sleeping arrangements over Christmas while the guys are here.  Only 2 more weeks and they will be home.
Here's a picture of Ryan.  I think this is in one of the recording rooms at GBC.  So profesh looking, huh?
It's going to be so sweet to have them home.  Ryan is going to try to get me back on track with my life.  I have let piano fall by the wayside.  I hardly know how to practice voice lessons anymore...and I have put on a ton of weight.  I am really not doing good at all.  It just seems like it's one thing or another that distracts me and pulls me off course.  And now with Christmas right around the corner, there's not much hope for me to be able to sing with Ryan at church like I had planned.  Singing with Ryan would be so amazing.  It's what was keeping me going!

Kyle has introduced a new subject to Darryl and I for Christmas.  The subject is: make your own gifts.  So that is what we are doing.  It has been fun trying to figure out what on earth to make.  I'm really getting excited about it though.  Think this will be a good thing.

I think I am getting trees for my family room on Sunday this week.  Really excited about that too.  It's going to look really cool.

So, this morning I was fooling around on Facebook and I realized I was wasting time.  It's like I scroll through to read stuff written by people I hardly know, and it's such a dang waste of time.  Kyle had told me he's pretty much off of Facebook now, except for once a week, so I wrote to tell him that I agreed with him about how FB is a waste.  This is what he wrote me back:
Yeah, My professor called it a dopamine addiction.  Things that seem new and different release dopamine in your brain, and that is good b/c it motivates you to make changes in your life & the world.  But unfortunately FB offers sort of a quick-fix of dopamine as we scroll, hindering our desire for real change.

Wow, and yes indeed that is what it does a lot of the time!  So I think I am going to wean myself off of it and get on to better, more productive things.

I started working out again.  Can't believe how much weight I put on again.  Life really sucks sometimes.  I can really see why people give up and just start eating whatever the heck they want when they get older.  It's tiring, and frustrating to keep this up.

Well, CBC again tomorrow.  Funny how fast the weeks go by.  I am not a fan of the Christmas holiday time.  I don't know how to decorate the house.  I really don't like crowds of people, or shopping.  Not a big fan of parties... b/c all's ya do is eat junk food and make small talk.

Last night I couldn't sleep.  So much on my mind.  And after a month and a half my stupid back is still messed up!  I don't know when it is ever going to be totally better...

Next time maybe I will post about my favorite memories from 2012.  Any guesses?  It's been a weird year, that's for sure. Every year gets a little weirder.  Pretty soon Ryan and Kyle will be bringing their wives and kids home to visit.  Yeah it's getting closer.  Oh, and Kyle wants to get his doctorate in Biblical Studies.  Awesome, I know.

Ryan kinda has a girl friend.  Very exciting! Her name is Sara.

I'm not checking for typos today, maybe tomorrow.   I just needed to "talk".  Sometimes I just need someone to talk to, someone who is actually interested in my life.  I'm glad I have God.

1 Peter 5:7  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

1 comment:

Kyle V. said...

hey i'm interested in your life. you should call me sometime. :) i want to work out with you this break!