Tuesday, December 25, 2012

gift making, picture hanging, banjo playing fun times

Ok, now that Christmas is over, I can post about the ties I made. Kyle wanted a handmade gift, so that's what I chose. There were so many fabrics to choose from, it was ridiculous.  I picked out 2 for Kyle.  1 red one, that I forgot to take a picture of, and 1 black one.  (Darryl made Kyle a very beautiful pair of cuff links!)
I ended up getting a new sewing machine out of the deal, to make up for the one I used to have.  I am very happy to have a new one!  Here is the beginning of making the first bow tie.
And the finished product.  I will have to get pictures of them actually tied into a bow tie.
And this is the fancy one I made for Ryan.
Next time I will make a narrower one though.
I hung up some pictures...
I learned it's better not to use an aerosol can to do it.  This can punctured when I did the pictures in the bathroom.  The entire can emptied out!  It was pretty shocking.

Darryl painted both bathrooms upstairs.  It was a mad rush to get things done and back together before the boys got home.
cute picture...
Ryan got to play the banjo at Grace church last night.  I still have to post the video from that!

No comments: