Friday, April 27, 2012

Day #1 growing stuff

Today I decided to try some fun things with food. I saw these ideas on Pinterest.  The first one is green onions.  I don't know if you can tell, but in the jar on the left I cut one of them off right above the top of the jar.  According to the directions, these things will grow right back.  If you keep hacking them off, they will keep on growing back.  So cool if it works.
This is the bottom of celery.  It's supposed to grow roots and then I can plant it in dirt.  Oh goody!  I never have to buy celery or green onions again, right?
Here were go with sweet potatoes.  They will get roots and little sprouts out the top.  I remove the sprouts and put them in soil.  Then I guess they grow into potatoes...we'll see.
I also planted some things in my garden today: Iceberg lettuce, Romaine, Red lettuce, Spinach, Brussel Sprouts, and a few other things I can't remember right now. Oh, I also dug up some of our dandelions and put them in my garden. They are supposed to be really good for ya and I wanted to "save" some of them before Darryl kills them.

I've been going over Kitchen magazines and looking at things online to try to make some decisions about our new design. I never realized how difficult this would be.

I made black bean soup today. It was really good.

No comments: