Tuesday, April 10, 2012

it gets worse before it gets better

So, today our "decorating consultant" came over with our cabinet maker and I learned that I don't have a knack for decorating. haha... oh well. It's a good thing we have someone helping us. We have decided to go all the way with the kitchen, knock out walls, move things around and totally transform that space. It's going to be completely changed, and I'm very excited about how it's gonna come out. We are also going to rip up the carpet in the family room and replace it with tile. All of this won't be done until fall, after the boys go back to college. Should be done by Thanksgiving or Christmas!!

I ended up painting Ryan's room 2 different color greens. I like how it turned out and I think once the furniture goes back in it'll look really cool. Today I painted Kyle's room. This is actually blue, although it's kinda hard to tell. It actually looks good.We got a lot of wind and our poor little pool broke. :( Another project that needs fixing.
Darryl is in the process of digging out another drainage ditch and also running electric to the deck. Feel bad that he had to tear up the patio, and plus our badminton court mostly got washed away from the rain...and we need to also put up a stone retaining wall to try to hold the deck up. Would hate to see that fall! Darryl got the carpet ripped up from the upstairs hallway so it will be ready for me to paint tomorrow. After taking the carpet off of one of the steps we are afraid we will have to have the entire stairway replaced. We're pretty sure they were damaged after the fire and then just covered up. This is going to be one heck of a renovation. You know how it goes, one thing leads to another. We will have to get rid of furniture, appliances, light fixtures, fan...and who knows what else, and that is hard for me to do, but I guess it is time to move on and make some major changes. It will probably be frustrating for me to get all this done, because I absolutely cannot stand clutter and disorganization, and I will have to put up with it till fall, but I am determined to get through it with my emotions in tact. We have so much to do!

No comments: