Thursday, March 24, 2011

spring is in the air?

We started celebrating the arrival of spring a little too early I guess. Today Kyle and I shoveled snow, hopefully for the last time this spring. I am reminded of these words:

Job 37
5 God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways;
he does great things beyond our understanding.
6 He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’
and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’
7 So that everyone he has made may know his work,
he stops all people from their labor.

We had a nice little snow storm, followed by sleet, thunder and lightning. Did you ever see snow lit up by lightning? I never have. It was very cool!! I’m glad I got to see that. Unfortunately we had to cancel CBC, which was a really smart thing to do. I haven’t been feeling very good anyway, so it was good that I didn’t have to go. We stayed home and enjoyed some homemade soup that I experimented with some chipotle chilies in adobo sauce. It was quite a new taste for me, very smoky. But the guys loved it, and the nice homemade garlic and parsley crackers.

This morning I discovered that the tomato seeds I planted 1 week ago are sprouting! That is very exciting. I need more seeds though. Guess I need to eat more tomatoes. Haha!

Job 38:22 “Have you entered the storehouses of the snow
or seen the storehouses of the hail"

Tomorrow Kyle is going on a men's retreat with guys from Preakness. Hoping he has a delightfully wonderful time...hehe

1 comment:

SAP monkey said...

they don't even pay me for this!