Monday, March 21, 2011

Epic fail, epic win!

fail: OK, I think I need MORE PRACTICE at putting myself first. I just can’t seem to do it easily or without the guilt fall-out! Hahahaha…cracks me up. Oh well, it was a good experiment.

win: To those who encouraged me and cheered me on during my 75 or so days of heavy-duty Bible saturation, THANK YOU!! To those who congratulated me, THANK YOU!! I appreciate your kindness. There’s almost nothing as bad as accomplishing something way beyond your human means and then nobody acknowledges it. Ok, look, I’m not saying I need a high five every time I do something cool, but come on!! Who goes through the Bible in less than 90 days!? That was a HUGE accomplishment for somebody like me who can’t even read well!! I feel like I just swam like some big river somewhere, or went down white rapids and lived to tell about it, or ran a marathon. What a journey! What a testimony to God’s grace!!

Samaritan’s Purse is stationed right near Preakness now for the next few weeks, or for however long it takes to clean up the flood damage in Wayne. It’s awesome to have them there. If you are looking to serve God in a big way, go give those guys a hand and help the community that is suffering great loss. If you think you can’t do it, just remember I am living proof that God’s grace makes the impossible possible!! So go for it, and you will be blessed! Pray, send money, make food, clean up flood damage, do whatever you can to serve!

I remember vividly how I felt when our house burned down. Complete strangers helped us. They did our laundry, and took us in, and fed us, and gave us money and clothes. A few neighbors came to help me take inventory in the ashes of the destroyed items. I will never forget how powerful a witness it was to be served by somebody who expects nothing in return, and how humbling it is to be on the receiving end. So, go on! Go serve!! Do something great in God’s power and strength, and give Him glory!

Today is the first full day of spring and we had a nice dumping of snow. Interesting, considering I sat outside in my bathing suit this week and got sunburned. Haha!!

We FINALLY closed on that dumb house we bought for Dana!! Yay!! So stinking glad to be rid of that nightmare. We are losing tons of moolah, but at least it's over! Never again!!

No comments: