Monday, March 14, 2011

I like pretty things

Sadly, Ryan flew back to Grand Rapids today. I made an effort to handle his departure more maturely. I had to remind myself that he is in God’s hands, not mine. I had to also remind myself that Ryan was ready to go back to his life at the college. He is sprouting his own wings and needs to learn to fly. It’s hard letting go of control, that’s for sure. But God is good because He gave me peace and calm this morning.

Here are a couple of my favorite plants. This one I have posted before. It is my Christmas cactus that is blooming for the 2nd time this year! It’s so pretty.
And this is an orchid that Darryl bought me last week to cheer me up. I love the purple color! I never had an orchid before. I’m wiped out today. Glad I don’t have to go anywhere or do anything.

I'm through the gospels and into Acts. I totally plan on being done with my 90 days EARLY (in about a week) because I really need to spend more time working out and doing other things. I’m glad I did the B90X Challenge, but I don’t think I’ll be doing it again anytime soon!!

No comments: