Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Why do you read my blog?

Are you a friend or foe?

Do you know me, or are we strangers?

Do the things I write make you chuckle?  Inspire you? 

Can you relate to things I write?

Or does everything I write just upset and offend you? 

I’d love to know what camp you belong to. 

This blog is for me, and my family – it’s a toss between a journal and photo album.  My family and I refer back to it many times to remember something. 

Darryl: “Hey, when did we put that new roof on?” 
Me: “I’m not sure.  Let me check my blog.”

Or....

Ryan: "Hey Mom, do you remember when I got my braces off?"
Me: "Nope, but it's on my blog."

See what I mean? 

Or I might want to go back and see where God answered prayers to things I was struggling with.  And there have been many of those times!  I’m not immune to stress and strife in my life.  I’m not immune to worry and doubt, even though try as I might to continue giving it to God.  Here’s a clue about me - pay attention - I’M NOT PERFECT!  And never claimed to be. 


I am a human being with emotions, just like you. It helps me to write about my ups and downs…my failures and anxieties, as well as my accomplishments and victories.

And honestly, I’m a little tired of getting negative feedback about my blog.

I have shared little pieces of my heart.  Some days my heart is happy, but other days it is heavy and hurt.  Some days I keep quiet, and other days I feel the need to vent my frustrations…but as far as I know, I have been very careful about naming names or pointing fingers.

If you have a grievance toward me, please don’t leave me anonymous comments.  Please be straightforward with me and tell me who you are, and then maybe there can be honest dialogue.  Otherwise, there’s nothing I can do for you.  And I’d really prefer it if you don’t go off and gossip about me…

Thank you.


No comments: