Tuesday, April 26, 2016

living the Michigan life

























These are some fun shots from the Meijer Gardens.  That place was so cool.  So glad that Maryedith and Dave invited us to go as their guests.  We had a fun (hot) time, and it was good getting to know them.

Life has been busy here:

* Dinner and game night with the Rolff ladies while Kyle had his bachelor party (where one guy accidently had his hair catch on fire).
* 2 Frontline rehearsals
* Went to Morgan's birthday party.
* Sang at Frontline this week.  Found out at the last minute that I was the only female vocal.  But it went really well, and I got lots of good feedback.
* We met with our in-laws-to-be.  That was a very fun evening.
* Spent time with our almost daughter-in-law.

I'm glad life is different here.
Where I feel that everything in NJ is dying, this place is coming to life.

Next Sunday I am challenging myself to sing a special music at church.  Sometimes just having people who believe in you is enough to push you forward to new things.  When they see the gifts and talents that you have, sometimes better than you do, it brings hope and a new confidence to live up to their assessment of you.  I'd much rather have it be that way than to always be living under the "not good enough" banner.  Let me tell you, that is one tough banner to crawl out from under, especially having been under it for so long.  And I'm sure it'll take me a good long while to get all those negative voices out of my head!


House update:
As of last night, we have finally hired a contractor to put in the brand new septic system that we are graciously buying for the new homeowner.  < sarcasm...  If all goes according to plan, we will be making our final trek back to the old homestead after Kyle's wedding to pack up the house and load a moving van.  Then that is the end, my friend.

No comments: