Thursday, April 14, 2016

Goodbye New Jersey


Goodbye New Jersey music room...we'll be leaving in a few days!





Goodbye to Marty and his beautiful case that I've been having fun creating.  Just give me permanent markers and I'm a happy doodler....  haha!  Marty, I will be back to get you next month!


Here's a month's worth of clothes, and they all fit into 1 large suitcase - except for a small overnight bag - and not including shoes...uh, and all the other junk I'm taking.  Uh, yeah there's more "stuff" going to get crammed into my little red car.

So, I've been alone here this week, and it's been a weird feeling packing up stuff and realizing that most of it is staying out in Michigan.  The house is getting emptier, little by ever so little.   It feels hollow...lonely...like the life is being sucked right out of it.

Yesterday I was sitting here minding my own business and the buyer drove in here... she got out of her car and proceeded to walk towards the back yard.  I'm like, what?!  So I went out there and asked her what she was doing (looking at).  She said she thought nobody was here and she was trying to look in the windows to see if she could see any lights on.  Seriously?  Why not go to the front door and ring the doorbell like a normal person?  Then she says she wants to know if the Septic was done, as she points to front yard where we had previously had a hole dug.  Seriously?  Why are you walking towards the back yard?  Good gracious!  She expected it to be done?  We have barely started getting any bids on the job.  I told her it would be a good long while before it gets done.

So, get this, she wants us to move out before the work gets done so they can move in.  They want to move in by the end of the month!  Seriously?  Now listen, I was trying to be so nice and told her I would certainly see if there was anything we could do about it... but to be completely honest, after she left and I discussed the whole thing with Darryl, I've just been getting more and more angry about the whole dang situation.

These people have been calling the shots since Day 1, making us do a list of repairs and whatnot...they are the ones who have been holding up the works, and costing us a crap ton of money!  If they hadn't made all these demands we could have moved out by now!!  And now they want us to just move out because they are tired of staying at a hotel?  What on earth?!

I'm telling you, if I would have seen the future I would have told them to hit the road a long time ago.  I never would have accepted their offer.  They've done nothing but give us grief.  If they wanted a new septic, let them pay for it, since there's nothing wrong with the one we've been using for the past 20-some years.  Some people can be pushy and selfish, huh?  I absolutely despise the way New Jersey does real estate.

ugh!!  

Ok, I keep asking God to keep me calm, but boy does this tick me off.   Darryl and I have been so accommodating and helpful, bending over backwards for anything they wanted, but that was the last straw for me.  And I made the mistake of mentioning that we were going away next week...so they will probably be here walking around the yard and peeking in the windows.

I am so glad to be getting out of NJ, and pretty soon, for good!

No comments: