Friday, December 4, 2015

Hackettstown Hometown Holiday

This was a very special night!

Tonight was the illumination ceremony at Centenary College, kicking off the 10th Annual Hackettstown Hometown Holiday event.  I was fortunate to have been invited by Kenny to sing with Grace's worship team, and lead the community in a carol sing from the front porch.  It was an absolute blast! 


I took this picture looking down from the front porch, right after our set, when they first turned the lights on.  After the lighting the mayor spoke, and then we sang the last song.
I think the second picture was taken while the Mayor was speaking.


This was such a tremendously fun night for me!  I never get to do things like this, so it was an incredible joy to sing with Darryl, and Kenny and Anita, and the other seasoned musicians.  No one treated me like an outsider, or like I wasn't good enough to sing with them.  It was so nice being treated like an equal.  It was a huge blessing to be a part of this event.  They had a parade, buggy rides, food, activities....all sorts of stuff going on afterwards.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was definitely a fun night.