Saturday, May 16, 2015

the POD has landed

It's been an emotional few days here, trying to sort through my personal effects, and having to toss things out with memories attached. My husband understood how sad I was about everything just by speaking to me on the phone...so he brought me these flowers when he came home from his business trip to try to cheer me.  Sweet guy.

Today our POD was delivered.  It certainly made the whole thing more real somehow.  After we got done working on our garden we worked hard trying to get stuff packed, and took my desk apart.  We figured a lot of stuff is going to be too heavy for the 2 of us to carry, so that's why he's taking it apart.  After a whole day of working, guess how much stuff we managed to get inside the POD?  Go ahead....guess.

Not one single item.  Yup... nothin.

We were so exhausted...I think partially from the mental stress of having to go through so much junk.  Just cleaning out my desk and all the paperwork was crazy.  But it was a kind of cleansing feeling to throw so much away.  And to think, this is barely the beginning.  We have a LOOONG way to go!!
The living room is taking the biggest hit right now.  It is total chaos.  No wonder my nerves are so jarred.  But little by little we are getting boxes packed.  Good bye new studio that I just made.

I know in 3 weeks it will be over and we'll be in Michigan.  But it's a little overwhelming right now.
Guess I won't be playing a lot guitar for the next few weeks.  Of course I haven't touched it much lately anyway.  Feels pointless right now.
Here is our POD. It is supposed to hold the contents of 3-4 rooms. We'll see.
I got about half of the kitchen packed up. Gotta leave some stuff here for awhile.

I can't even wrap my brain around the fact that we are leaving NJ; the beautiful Garden State, where I've spent my whole life.  We are leaving the house my boys grew up in.  I seriously can barely even think about it.  It is surreal.  I'm looking at everything differently.  Like, when we planted our garden, I'm thinking, OK, God with his sense of humor will probably give us an abundant crop only to have us move as it is becoming ripe.  The new homeowners will end up with all our produce.  Yeah God, that would be pretty funny.  Gotta laugh...

Here it is being dropped off.

No comments: