Thursday, May 7, 2015

emotional smorgasbord

So, we made it home from Michigan, and South Jersey, and then I got violently ill. Pretty sure I got it from Darryl, but I got it worse than he did...(sorry Darryl).

So, the first few days we were home with Ryan we didn't do a whole lot of anything. Fortunately Ryan had dinner plans 2 of the nights he was here. When we finally started feeling better, we got busy and started moving some of the heavy furniture out to the garage to get ready for our POD. We definitely needed to take advantage of Ryan's strength.

All the work associated with moving is really stressing me out, even though I am laying it all before the Lord, my mind still races at top speed trying to figure things out. I spent the last 2 days cleaning out closets and organizing what goes, what stays, what gets sold, tossed, donated, packed. It's mentally exhausting figuring it all out, and my many sorted piles are slowly overlapping one another. 

I'm getting rid of as much of my clothes as I can because my available closet space has been significantly reduced, and worse than that, I now will have to share a closet with Darryl... oh yeah, and on top of that, this shared closet is IN the master bathroom.  Yep, I may have to find an alternate spot for some of my clothes.  I wasn't thinking about this one and only awkward closet space when we bought the house.

I really enjoyed having Ryan here.  We cooked together, we picked songs together, we talked, and planned out the layout of the new house.  It's going to be kinda cool having a studio there that we can both use.  Over the past couple of weeks I haven't had much time to work on my music stuff.  I'm gradually losing all the callouses on my fingertips.  That is super sad after how long it took me to get them!

I sure hope my brain and my emotions can handle all that is quickly coming my way.  There is a smorgasbord of thoughts racing around, each trying to take control.  Yikes... think I'm going to have to try to do all this with an out-of-body mentality because otherwise I'm sure I'll fall apart.  There is so much to do, and today I don't know where to begin...which is why I'm here venting with my fingers.

The last night Ryan was here he did his spoken word for us again that he did at his last chapel.  Obviously it's not the same for him to perform for 2 parents as it was to do it for chapel, but he did an awesome job, and now we have the whole thing on video.  Thanks Ryan!

Kyle is in Montana.  I will post pictures next time.

No comments: