Friday, May 22, 2015

ow, watch out for that tree





Pretty self-explanatory. I was sitting there taking a video, but the tree jumped down and headed straight towards me...Heh...yeah I missed the end of the video, and the tree missed me for the most part. I did get hit with a branch.

Lately I have been feeling quite a bit like I'm in some sort of alternate reality.  Like I'm looking at my life from the outside.  A bit like it was when our house was burning down.  Like I'm just going through the motions of finalizing my time here.  It makes me think of past eras of my life; remembering different places I've lived and worked, different people I've known and been close to.  It eventually all goes away.  It's sad to move on.  But I truly must believe it is God's will.  I do desire to be close to my kids, and I believe that God put that desire in my heart.

I wander around my house...I'm cleaning it, and I feel like I'm cleaning someone else's house.  I'm staging it, supposing what the new home owner will want to see.  I'm looking out the big windows, and I'm thinking how much I will miss that.  Just the simple act of looking out my big windows.  But then I have to count the cost.  I miss my boys so much more than I would miss any windows.

There are people I will miss terribly.  There are things I will miss.  I can't name them...but the loss will be felt for many years to come.

No comments: