Sunday, April 26, 2015

the END is the BEGINNING


Well, we came to Michigan with the intention of looking for a new home.  We went out every day we were in Grand Rapids and we looked through many homes.  Some were perfect inside but we didn't like the property.  Or the property was super nice, but the house was yucky.  Or the house was awesome but the neighborhood was like a horror film.  On our last day out with our realtor we made up our minds that we probably would not find anything suitable and would come back and look again over the summer.  But then as soon as we saw this one in Wyoming, Darryl and I both knew this was the one for us.  We both loved it and knew it would be perfect for us.

After the graduation yesterday we went and officially signed the paper work to make it ours.  This week the house will be inspected, and all the legal balls will start rolling to make it happen.  The house is perfect on the inside, super awesome on the outside, and the neighborhood seems delightful. We are all excited for this new chapter in our lives, even though we don't know what it will be like for sure... but this much we do know, God is in control and we trust him completely.

So, the question I posed a few weeks ago about whether or not I would fight God every step of the way seems to have been answered.  I'm not fighting.  I'm surrendering.  I'm being obedient.  I'm going where my boys are because I don't want to miss any more of their lives.  I want to have friends, and in Michigan, I already have people who love me.

Our home will be one where all our friends and family are welcome to come and have fellowship.  I'd love to see the place booming with people, coming in to visit, hang out, eat, sit by the fire, play guitar and sing.  I'd love this to be the place where my grandchildren come and play.  You know, I might even get a dog now that I have friends to come take care of it when I'm on vacation!   It will be a wonderful new life, and one that I've longed for, where I am close enough to people who genuinely care for me and my family.   And we will no longer have to miss our sons' day to day lives.

fenced in back yard
gurgling waterfall
sits on a culdesac
play house is big enough for adult sleepovers!
back of home
DeeDee and Scott came over to see our new home
Hilary and Abbey next to the free pool table
Kyle admiring the cool trees 
our awesome Realtor, Joey in the blue
fenced in yard (left side)
fenced in yard (right side)
back deck
I know it's going to hurt me so bad to leave my beloved New Jersey, where I've spent my entire life, and my home church, where I have served since May of 2009.  In fact it's painful just to type these words.  My eyes swell up with tears at the thought of leaving.  But I know in my heart that I'm doing what is right and good.  So even though the hurt is deep, I know that if I don't go I will continue to live an isolated existence, and there is really nothing worse than that.  I believe God has called me to do more than that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find your true happiness. It seems that no one in NJ never really "genuinely" cared for you. Is it the culture there or maybe it's everywhere because you may be in for the greatest shock of your life.

Linda Vegh said...

Hello Anonymous,
it sounds to me like you are speaking from experience.
Your comment made me sad, but I do appreciate the well wishes. I hope you have found your happiness too!