Tuesday, April 14, 2015

blindly dancing through Michigan...

So here we are in Michigan. Alysha's wedding was nice.  I missed my Dad terribly when they were doing the father/daughter dance.  I cried... then Ryan took me dancing, I think to cheer me up. And it worked.

Let's see, we visited with Aunts and brothers, and cousins and nieces and nephews, and x's... Lot of relatives here.  Can't believe how huge that wedding was.   wow...

We had a couple dinners out.  Will be having plenty more. Gotta try so hard not to overeat!!  But ya know, when folks get together that is what they do.

Been going to The Lifetime gym here in Canton.  It's enormous! Pool, rock climbing wall, hot tubs, sauna, basketball, racket ball, all sorts of classes and equipment....actually I haven't even seen it all yet.  haha... It is a little intimidating.   But I was happy that we could go there for the whole week for free!

I broke my glasses so I was blind for a few days, trying to get by with reading glasses, but they were killing my eyes.  Now I can see again.  I love Walmart.

Ok, so even though I wasn't totally understanding the whole "take time off" from my duties at church, I am beginning to appreciate the break.  I'm trying to relax, sing, play guitar, and think.  I can't say that I've come to any earth-shattering revelation really....but I'm working on it.  Maybe nothing will come to me.  But I am chilling, as I've been instructed to do! haha

I haven't had time to work on my song at all yet... but I did have a blast playing guitar for all the company here visiting the other day.   They joined in singing, and it was wonderful!  A couple hours later my fingers were dying.... played till almost 11:30!  What a joy that was!  But ya know, if people keep asking me to sing and play I will, even if my fingers are crippled.  I haven't been able to play much for the past 2 days.

the Vegh's


Austin, Hilary, Kyle, me, Ryan
mother and son dance


1 comment:

Renee said...

Loved watching you dance with your son! And happy that you are "chilling". Keep playing that guitar. By the way, you really are a beautiful woman. I hope you are told that often. :)