Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I'll see your Jabot and raise you 2 Cravats


I survived my super uber frustrating day sewing yesterday...it was a day just like the day I did the church directories: nothing but trouble.  I'm glad no one was home to hear me yelling and crying.  I had to apologize to God for the rant.

Anyway, I have no idea what was up with my sewing machine, but it seemed to have been demon possessed.  The picture below was one of my first pattern attempts, which ended up being too big.  I used an old bed sheet as a practice so I wouldn't ruin my good fabric.  The picture above, obviously is the finished products.  I made the jabot from this pattern, although there are no measurements or anything, it at least showed me the general shape.  I used a pure white linen fabric for it, as well as one of the cravats.  The other cravat on the right I used an old tea-stained looking fabric that I thought was a bit more flowy, but it may not be the right color, which is why I went ahead and made the second one in white, in case Kyle prefers that.  Here's the pattern I used for the cravat.  Oh, did I mention this is for Kyle's formal coming up the end of this month?  Yep, I got it to the post office today.  Praise God!  
fancy schmancy bib
Today, my plan and goal was to work out, play guitar, and sing.  Guess what I did instead?  I took a sick day.  Didn't feel quite right, fell asleep on the couch a couple of times, which I never, ever do unless I'm sick.  I figured my body and mind needed a break, so I didn't feel any guilt about taking a day off instead of going 100 mph all the time.  I guess my body finally said stop.

Kyle dearest, you owe me a picture of your finished outfit.

No comments: