Thursday, March 13, 2014

breaking the sound barrier

Speaker guarding the door
 Our front door no longer stays shut, even when locked, and there was a fierce wind blowing through, and Darryl's been away for a few days.  So I fixed it.


You knew there'd have to be a pun about something breaking, right?

Today I started sewing Kyle's cravat.   After about an hour of fighting with a tangled bobbin, one of the globes on our chandelier decided to fall on my head.  I seriously thought someone had come up behind me and hit me over the head.  What a shocker!  I spent the next hour cleaning glass out of everything.  You can't tell from this picture the extent of the glass all over the dining room - in the carpet, in the chair cushions, mixed in with my pins.  I did ultimately finish the cravat, hoping all the teeny specks of glass are thoroughly shaken out of it.  Tomorrow I shall attempt the pattern for the jabot.  Now that's gonna be tricky.  I know because I already tried figuring it out, with no success.

this little light of mine...fell on my head
It may look little, but that bugger was heavy and it hurt.  I'm glad I had a hat on to cushion it a bit!

No time to do vocal work, or play guitar, or exercise today.  Three strikes and I'm out.
Tomorrow I'm back to Zuke's.

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 
Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. 
Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 
In the same way, let your light shine before others, 
that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."  
~Matthew 5:14-16

No comments: