Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Fall afresh on me...I need You!

I've been playing guitar for 6 1/2 months now, and I continue to learn new songs.  These 2 songs that I recorded today really come from my heart.  This is a Jeremy Riddle song that I picked up recently.  I really like it!

Fall Afresh
 

This next one I first started to play 3 weeks ago, but had since put it on the side.  Decided to get it back out for a whirl today.

 Lord, I Need You (edit: I just discovered I was playing from an incorrect chord sheet in this song, so I will definitely Re-record it at some point)
 

I just wish my fingers didn't have to get so sore!  I also wish I had a guitar mentor; someone who could give me a little help.  Oh well, I'm plunking away...strumming, singing...seeing where I'll end up, and praising the Lord on the way there.  No one knows where they'll end up, but it's good to just keep striving -- just keep heading forward.  Honestly, sometimes I struggle with this.  Part of me is so cynical about all of this.  The little voices in my head...they tell me I'm wasting my time, wasting Darryl's money.  They tell me I'm too old to sing, that I'll never amount to anything, that the only people who get to sing are young.  And that I stink, and that no one wants to hear me sing.

SHUT UP, STUPID LIES!!  I HATE YOU!

Zuke says my voice is a gift from God, and that a gift must be shared.  Darryl said he enjoys hearing me sing.  Kyle said when he was here, that my singing was soothing.  I have to keep singing, even if I never have a chance to sing FOR anyone.  I'm still singing for Jesus because He gave me breath.

A few things I am learning:
1. I may never have a real friend
2. I may never have a real audience
3. Only people who love me like to hear me sing! 
4. I may have to move to Michigan (the only state I told God I would NEVER move to) 
5. I need to be ok with all of the above

Ok, so we are in the process of deciding on a summer vacation.  We are thinking we might try to go white-water rafting in West Virginia when we go down to see my parents.  Yeah cool, huh?

Ryan and Kyle's formal is this weekend.  I fear Kyle may not wear the jabot that I made for him...[imagine my sad face here].

It looks like we may have some of their friends here for part of their summer break.  That will be fun, and interesting.

Oh yeah, here is a selfie from yesterday.  I took this while watching Dr. Oz.  It was a little test to see how long you will live.  My picture indicates that I won't live that long because I have too much stress in my life.  This is determined because I don't have a huge wide mouth smile going on.  I thought I looked rather relaxed and content.  Oh well, I'm sure Dr. Oz knows best.


I'm thinking about the weather in Grand Rapids.  Wondering when we'll be moving there.  It scares me silly to think of moving out of my lovely home state of New Jersey... ahhh.... maybe that's what Dr. Oz sees in me.

No comments: