Friday, May 3, 2013

this is just my temporary home

This is my new kitchen...haha... Yeah, everything else is scattered around the entire house. We will continue living out of boxes until next week when the cabinets come. We trip over things, and lose things, and walk in circles.  But I figure it won't matter 10 years from now, so we try to laugh about it because we know we will look back and laugh about it later.
my temporary kitchen
bathroom is now in the hallway and foyer
laundry room - gutted
We are so used to having Paul and Ken living here that it'll feel weird when they leave.  I will be sad to see them go... but I guess it will happen eventually.  Darryl and I have a lot of work to do before the kids come home for summer.

Spring is here, time to get outside and enjoy the beauty of God's creation.  Just as we have the promise of new life in the spring, so we also have the promise of a new life in Christ if we have placed our trust in Him to save us from our sins.  When Jesus is our Savior, the earth, and these bodies are just our temporary homes.  We don't belong here.  We are just passing through, on our way to our eternal home.  Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, and you will live with Him (and me) forever.

Until then, I like to escape the mess of my house outside in the sunshine and warm breezes, even if it's just a quick trip to the mailbox or to pick up my garbage cans.

This is just my Temporary Home
pear tree
bleeding heart


For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 
2 Corinthians 5:1

No comments: