Thursday, May 9, 2013

building a firm foundation

Craig and Scott came today to start installing our base cabinets. We love what we see so far. It's funny, we couldn't really remember what we ordered, so it's like a nice surprise. I love the warm brown tone of the wood, and I think it looks fabulous with the floor. Ok, so now that the floor is a peacefully flowing river, I am making the cabinets the trees of the forest. I want my kitchen to be warm and welcoming and calm. A wonderful place to spend the day cooking healthy meals and singing praises to my Lord Jesus Christ.
bringing in the goods
make sure it's level...these homeowners are sticklers to detail
more shims...
Here is the beginning of our new look.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.  I know I gotta get me one of those nice kitchen rugs to stand on...I don't want to stand on granite for any length of time.  Maybe we should have gone with a cork floor?  Hmm.. what color should we paint?  Oh yeah, we have to put up a backsplash too.  Stay tuned for the rest of the story.
the end of day 1
We won't have a sink until some time after our trip to WV when we return with the boys.  So, it'll be pretty chaotic here without one!

Isaiah 58:12 Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.

No comments: