Saturday, April 27, 2013

progress report...

The guys decided they will stay a bit longer than expected. I think they had sympathy on us because it is such a tremendous job!! And there is still so much to do. So, we are blessed and overjoyed at their additional help. I have been trying to feed them really well. Let's see, here are some of the meals we had: Pot roast, Enchiladas, Lasagna, Chicken, Steak, Baby Back Ribs, Meatloaf, Chicken Parm... uh I can't think of the others right now. But needless to say, we are all eating incredibly well, even without the the stove a lot of the time, and with my kitchen being spread out all over my house. It has been interesting, and at times overwhelming. I find myself walking around in circles just trying to prepare a meal because I can't find things.
Still smiling through it all
lots of crock pot and grilling

Today and yesterday I was sick, so I wasn't able to get a lot done.  Good thing the men are still going "strong" .... been praying for lots of extra strength and wisdom for them because so much of this is new territory for them, and they have been breaking their backs for 2 weeks already.  We are very happy with the way things are looking though.
Floor in kitchen - almost done
New Hoover vacuum... will I keep it?  TBD
I guess next thing is finishing laundry room, bathroom, grouting, and electrical... man, they have a lot to do!!

Psalm 73:4
They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong. 

No comments: