Monday, October 17, 2011

One who is taught the word must share all good things with the one who teaches.

So, like I mentioned last time, I had a plan for Children's Church. I decided to scrap our lesson and do a lesson on Pastor appreciation instead. I think it went really well and it was good to teach the kids to appreciate what pastors do for us. Most people think Pastors have a really easy job, but since I work with one regularly, I can see how much he has to do on a daily basis. It's good for people to support their pastors by encouraging them, making sure their financial needs are met, and praying for them. I am glad I had the opportunity to teach the kids on Sunday and to make them aware of the importance of the pastoral position. We went over lots of verses and talked about different things that pastors do to take care of their people. The kids were very happy to make cards and pictures that we sneaked into his office with some cookies.
Made lots of goodies today for the boys. My granola bars turned out really good! So did the nutty butter that I made from almonds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds!!! So good! The chocolate chip cookies will be a hit too!
Scraggly-tailed fox that was in our yard for a while.

No comments: