Thursday, October 6, 2011

blessed

I had such a fun day....at home with some nice metal playing, jumping up and down on my rebounder in the kitchen in between cleaning house and cooking. Here are a few things I made today.

This is pumpkin seed butter. I had so many problems with it, but I hope it will taste ok on my rice cakes.
This is a spinach pesto, which was just fabulous on our salad at dinner.
A nice batch of beef jerky....best tasting ever!
Darryl sliced up some sweet potatoes for chips but they didn't get crispy in the oven. Next time I gotta deep fry them!
Granola for my "Pay it forward" things. I will mail these out tomorrow.
Did I mention Darryl bought me a slicer? How cool is that? After I made the roast beef today, he sliced up 2 containers for lunch meat.
Finally finished off my cooking with a nice steak for dinner! It was so good! I had a blast today making food, and I got a lot of cleaning done too! Darryl says I don't know how to sit down and relax. And he's right. I always like to keep busy doing stuff. Maybe some day I will get lazy, but not yet. I got too much to do and have too much fun doing it! Tomorrow he is taking me shopping. Not one of my favorite activities, but he is getting me a new wedding ring since I lost mine a few years ago.


Proverbs 31:27 She watches over the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.

No comments: